mercredi 8 juillet 2009

Say hello to love

Push: Based on the novel by Sapphire

One of my all time favorite books won the Sundance festival among other awards. I am simply thrilled and can't wait to see this movie. The movie was directed by Lee Daniels who also directed Monster's Ball. I am not a real cinema goer type girl but I am a book addict 4 sure. Push: Based on the novel by Sapphire, is the story of Claireece Precious Jones,a black, obese, illiterate teen from Harlem who is pregnant with her second father's child. She endures unimaginable hardships in her young life: abused by her mother and raped by her father.


Oprah had this to say about the film:

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Winfrey said in a statement. “The moment I saw Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire, I knew I wanted to do whatever I could to encourage other people to see this movie.

“The film is so raw and powerful—it split me open.”

The film stars Mo’Nique, Mariah Carey, Paula Patton and new comer Gabourey “Gabby” Sidibe.

Well we all know that everything Oprah touches turns into gold she will promote the movie so....

Here's the trailer


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire